Re: [SLE] Samba: can not create files
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:37:45 +0200
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:34:10PM +0200, JFL wrote:

> >>The samba share is created when my machine boot as the data is entered
> >>in /etc/samba/smbfstab
> >
> >Does that mean it's mounted by root? With which permissions?
>
> No. I give it the same username and password as when I connect from Windows.

I'm sure, but when root mounts it under Linux it does set permissions for who
can use it with which permissions. I've had similar problems automounting
Windows partitions by root, and then writing to them from my normal user
login.

When it's mounted, try if you can create files under your root login. If you
can, then it's probably local permissions that are biting you here.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff