How to disable framebuffer? VGA options?
  • From: Chris Carlen <crcarle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:09:41 -0700
Hi:

Re: Suse 8.2 on a Asus K8V AMD 64 system.

I have a problem with an MSI FX5200 video card giving a screwed up text console after shutting down X.

I have been advised to "disable the framebuffer."

How to go about this?

Also, I am aware that one can pass options of the form "vga=..." to the kernel through the bootprompt.

Where is documentation on these options? I didn't find any mention of the vga option in the HOWTO on the bootprompt, nor the GRUB documentation.

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Carlen