Re: [Fwd: Re: [SLE] KDE & Gnome - common desktop]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:07:56 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2004-05-09 at 20:05 +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

> Ditto for me and many other people too. If only the list admin would
> wake up, smell the coffee, and change the Reply to: email address to the
> list address.

FAQ:

Q2. Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?
A2. We do not "munge" the mail headers by inserting
a "Reply-To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" because it makes it more
difficult subscribers to handle the mail the way they want to.
Your mail client probably has a "reply" function as well as a
"reply to all" or "reply to list" one; Please use the latter if
you want you message to go to the list and not just to the
original poster.

Also, please don't complain about this on the list, it has
been discussed many, many, many times in the past already.

For background information see

New! Even Sourceforge has turned to the dark side:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6693&group_id=1

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson