Re: [SLE] Spamassassin Not Using Bayesian Analysis
  • From: Mark <mcrean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:09:37 +0100
Lucky Leavell wrote:
OS: 9.0
SA Version: 2.55 (from SuSE archive)

I have ample ham and spam counts (6,000 spam, 38,000 ham) but SA is still not using Bayesian analysis. I did manually set use_bayes to 1 in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf though it is supposed to be the default but still no luck (based on the X-Spam-Status tests= line(s) in the message headers).

Aside: I managed to get bogofilter working and use it via procmail but that is after SA processing.

Thank you,
Lucky

Have you set a path to where you'd like the system-wide bayes database?

Just as an example:
bayes_path /home/mybayes

You'll soon see whether the database is created and used.

Second, you need to tell spamassassin what kind of maildir you have. I use a single file rather than a folder with separate messages, so I have to say:

sa-learn --ham --mbox /path/to/ham
sa-learn --spam --mbox /path/to/spam

After that I run sa-learn rebuild.

Admittedly, I've had to install a lot of third-party rulesets to keep the old spam detection rates high and upgrade to 2.63, but spamassassin has been working on tiptop form for a long time now and my only problem is the occasional false positive, usually from this list.

:)

Fish