Re: [SLE] Mantel's 2.6.5-11 and 2.6.5-12 kernels and Nvidia
  • From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:06:21 +0200
On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:41:22 +0100
Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm determined not to get caught by the 4KSTACKS patch again. The

[snip]

I didn't follow the thread. I was just planning to update my
workstation before leaving to Hong Kong for 2 months.

> in the brokenout.tar.gz. Knowing Corporates, I'd expect nvidia to
> come up with a new driver six months from now, a big MAYBE, but I'm
> open to surprises. Regards

Adding up the 40 days missing to my departure... I won't have to wait
too much after I'll be back ;) anyway in the changelog they commented:
> new nvidia driver is expected soon.
Surely sooner than a MS security patch I hope ;)
What did make you think we should wait so long for a fix from nvidia?

If nvidia drivers were Open, we wouldn't have this problem I think.

BTW I'm lurking on suse-programming-e and it seems that YaST new
license moved some people into YaST development.

< Previous Next >