Re: [SLE] shell question
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:31:11 +0100
James Smullins wrote:

On Monday 10 May 2004 21:56, Stephen W wrote:

How do I cd / into a windows directory that has a
space in the folder name (eg Program Files)?

I have tried to run WINE and cannot open any folder
with a space in the name. I have renmaed the folder
to remove the space - but then the program cannot find
the necessary file to run (such as dlls.

Suggestions?

I think you had to put a "\" with out the quotes in the blank space. Been a while since I have done but I think that is right.

Jim

That won't work,
~> cd cxoffice/support/dotwine/fake_windows/Program \ Files
bash: cd: cxoffice/support/dotwine/fake_windows/Program: No such file or directory

It should be "Program Files", on some directories like My Documents,
cd My<TAB> inserts the " <space>\<space> ", then D<TAB> supplies Documents to give My \ Documents.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >