9.1 and CD drive.....again!
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:04:26 -0400
I did my upgrade today FROM 9.0. There were a number of dependancy problems,
but got rid of them when I told Yast to delete Gimp and Gaim. All seems to be
well, EXCEPT (once again - a CONTINUAL problem for Linux) getting the CD-RW
drive to work. KDE didn't come up with a CD icon, so I had to create it.
Fstab does have the two lines (/dev/cdrom * /dev/cdrecorder) listed.

I can't read any disk, the system tells me it's mounted as /media/cdrecorder,
but ls reports that there's no medium in the drive. YES, the system does
correctly identify the drive, and I installed from that drive, plus Yast can
use it to install additional software.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)