Re: [SLE] cron email
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:49:38 +0000
Jim,

you don't need to run fetchmail via cron. You can run fetchmail in daemon mode.
You should have a script to run fetchmail in /etc/init.d - mine includes the
following line for starting the service:

startproc $FETCHMAIL_BIN -d 600 -a -f /etc/fetchmailrc -L /var/log/fetchmail
2>&1

The -d 600 option makes it run in daemon mode, checking mail every 600 seconds -
10 minutes.

Quoting Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Is there anyway to suppress cron emails on successful
running of a program. I'm using cron to check my email via
fetchmail, and it emails me every 5 minutes. I want
fetchmail to check, even when I'm not logged in, so I'm
using cron.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy
and good with ketchup.