Issues after KDE upgrade to 3.2.2
  • From: Radule Soskic <rms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:05:20 +0200
Hi, SLE members,

I decided to upgrade my KDE from original 9.0 distribution to 3.2.2. I
used Yast (added suse ftp update directory to instalation sources list)
and all went fine.

But, I noticed some minor issues that I can not resolve without help
from the SLE users.

1. The windows decoration set that was set default by installation of
suse 9.0 is gone now. It was called "SuSE" or so, if I remember well.
Now the closest one is Keramik. This issue is not very important, but I
am curious what happened, and how the whole thing works. I don't know
how my KDE knows which type of decoration to use, and where all these
are picked up from?

2. The small round green icon (the smiling face of suse lizzard) that
was sitting in the panel is also gone. I mean the one which was doing
the monitoring for online updates availability. I don't know which
application was standing behind it. I tried searching through menus and
the package list, but couldn't find any name that could remaind me to
the one I'm missing.

TIA & Best regards,

cikasole