Re: [SLE] Can't config wireless cardbus adapter
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:17:19 -0800
On Sunday 09 May 2004 13:44, Glenn Williams wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm not sure how to phrase my question. I'm not sure if anyone other
> than me will see this message. I posted a similar question yesterday,
> but did not see it on the reflector. I must be doing something wrong.
> I haven't been on this list for well over a year.
>
> Yesterday I installed SuSE 9.1 Linux personal edition on my HP Pavilion
> ze5170 laptop which runs a Pentium 4 @ 2 GHz with 512M RAM.
>
> The installation (and later, YaST) failed to correctly identify my
> D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless cardbus adapter - so I'm unable to set up DSL
> Internet access. (It works OK in Windows XP.)
>
> Should I begin shopping for a different wireless adapter? Can someone
> suggest a make/model that will work?
>
> Or should I take a different approach?
>
> Any help most welcome.

I'm pretty sure that one works with madwifi, but if not, I have been
very happy using this http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
and I gladly paid them the $19 to have it work reliably without
having to mess around with madwifi. My card was not the
D-link, but I am a satisfied customer.

--
John Andersen