Re: [SLE] Cannot create hard drive icons
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 16:20:28 -0400
<snip>

> You've said nothing about what type of filesystem it is and how you've mounted
> it.

There are 2 filesystems on this hard drive. One is a NTFS and the other
is a Reiser. One is to be used for Windows and the other for Suse for
data storage. I did not state how it was mounted because it I thought
that it was irrelevant. I was able in the previous version to create
the icons and use them to mount the drive. Now I cannot.

> Sounds like it is mounted Read-only or the permissions aren't set
> properly.

Well I was able to create the icons in 9.0 without issue and they were
able to mount the drive without issue. I can mount the drive but I
cannot create the icons. It is almost like my /home or / is mounted ro
but the output of mount states that they are mounted rw.

< Previous Next >