Re: [SLE] Cannot create hard drive icons
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 15:41:34 -0400
On Sunday 09 May 2004 03:00 pm, Marshall Heartley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed a harddisk in my machine and have formatted it with the
> filesystems that I want to use. But I cannot create a desktop icon for
> the partition that I want to use! I am running SuSE 9.1 with KDE 3.2
> that was installed with it. The error that I keep getting is "Writing
> to drives not supported". Does anyone have a clue on how I can make the
> icons? Thanks!

You've said nothing about what type of filesystem it is and how you've mounted
it. Sounds like it is mounted Read-only or the permissions aren't set
properly.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 05/09/04 15:40 +
"It's like an Alcatraz around my neck"
-Boston mayor Menino on the shortage of city parking spaces