Re: [SLE] Samba troubles in SuSE 9.1
  • From: Mark Knudson <mrk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 00:03:02 -0700
Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone managed to get their Samba up and running yet? As a client, half the time I get a network unreachable when looking for Samba shares, and as a server I can make the shares visible, but I get an "is not accessible" error when I try to enter a shared directory under Windows (something similar under Linux, IF I can get it to show any shares at all. I've even tried a copy of my old (SuSE 8.2) working samba files, but with the same results. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff

On my new 9.1 installation I had to add samba users with the following:

(I was root when doing this)

smbpasswd -a user1

smbpasswd -a user2

Then the window machine on our home network was able to get into the linux one.

Good luck.