Re: [SLE] Re: Upgrade 9.0-9.1 Successful! OOOPS!
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 08 May 2004 21:00:47 -0700
If your talking about the pannel right click comeopen space on the
pannel and look for layout. there is a size option from there. I use
49 on a 19" screen.

Right click the desktop / appearence / font size

I plan a clean install since my /home is a separate partition. Last
update I tried was on this PII 7.2 to 7.3 took all night. clean
installs from now on.

CWSIV

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 09:21, dmc wrote:
> Just when I thought all was well my daughter rebooted
> he PC this morning to discover that the KDE ICON text
> was huge (perhaps font size 72 or something equally
> absurd).
>
> I opened SAX2 from Terminal (a small adventure in an
> of itself, guessing my way through oversized fonts) to
> edit but the font size carried into SAX so I could not
> see what I needed to edit the monitor.
>
> Is there a way I can reset the desktop font size from
> Terminal?
>
> Thanks! doc
>
> dmc wrote:
> > Just ran the 9.0 to 9.1 Upgrade "by the numbers" from the
> > manual on my daughter's PC.
> >
> > Other than taking forever (3+ hours) to load on her somewhat
> > long-in-the-tooth hand-me-down 450MHz-CPU 128M-RAM PC everything
> > went smoothly, other than the network connection.
> >
> > Her PC connects via CAT-5 to a Netgear WGR614v2 router
> > that then ties into the DSL modem.
> >
> > Oddly, I can access the Internet fine but cannot see
> > the other two SuSE 9 PC's on the same router.
> >
> > As for those who are criticizing this release as
> > imperfect -- I have been using computers for 30 years
> > and have never seen a flawless OS release from any
> > vendor -- IBM, DEC, Apple, M$, or the various Linux
> > distros. Welcome to the imperfect world, and the
> > reality that competition sometimes drives the
> > schedule just a wee bit ahead of the preferences of
> > software engineers and the QC folks.
> >
> > IMHO, YMMV ... doc

< Previous Next >