Can't set up DSL access
Hello, group:

My first post to this list in a year or more...

Yesterday I installed SuSE 9.1 Personal edition on a HP Pavilion ze5170
notebook (Pentium 4, 2.0 GHz, 512M RAM, D-Link DWL-650+ cardbus
adapter), and the install went well until I got to the part where I
tried to set up my Internet DSL connection.

The D-Link wireless cardbus adapter was incorrectly identified, and
while trying configure the wireless network adapter in YaST to set up
DSL, I came upon some terms I don 't recognize. I cannot use my hands
to make notes, and since I have internet access only on this desktop
machine, it isn't convenient to transfer notes from the Linux laptop,
but one of the terms was similar to "XXX DSL." The problem is that I
don't remember what the XXX letters were, so I'm not going to be much
help there.

Two things might help me. 1) Someone could share their experience in
setting up Internet access with a D-Link DWL-650+ wireless cardbus
adapter, or 2) Some advice about what cardbus adapter *will* work with
SuSE 9.1.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn Williams
n0hn@xxxxxxxxxx