Re: [SLE] Cyrus question: How to delete directories
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 12:36:40 -0700
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:

I don't know if your comment applies only to the creation of mailboxes or if it

applies to cyrus as a whole. However, I'll say that cyrus is very flexible and
can be used in a multitude of environments, thus it's documentation tends to be
general and not too specific. In my experience however, where it lacks most is
in the specific authentication backends implementation using SASL and in the
use of groups. Cyradm is very well documented and even includes an in-line help
command to clarify most doubts. Since cyradm is implemented in PERL, if you
want to, you can even automate its use through PERL.
If you're using the SuSE included cyrus package, you may be lacking the
cyrusdocumentation. Take a look at their site
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/
and better yet download their latest releases from
ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/ in which you'll find all documentation
inside the doc directory. There's also a great how-to by Luc de Louw available
at http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/ and if you
search google for cyrus howto you may find something to satisfy your taste! ;-)

Thank you! Those doc's got my mailbox problems all sorted out. I would have saved an enormous amount of time had I known about those before. I had googled for doc's, but got so many results I think the "good" documentation was hidden by sheer volume.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

< Previous Next >