hardware or ??
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:03:13 +0200
Hi all,

Just picked up 9.1 pro, and I'm having a bit of a problem with it. It
installed without too many problems on this Laptop. But on my other
machine it's being a real pain. The machine in question is a dual
athlon Tyan s2460 with 1 gig of mem. Disks are all scsi, as are the cd
burner and dvd. The problem appears to be hardware, but I'm not
entirely sure. When I try to install 9.1 doesn't see the ps/2 mouse.
nothing I can do seems to make a difference. I thought perhaps it was
the usb to ps/2 adapter, so I tried a different mouse. No change. this
is booting from the DVD. If I put the 9.0 dvd back in, everything is
fine. Is there some setting on boot that I'm missing? Shouldn't have to
add a driver to get the mouse working, should I?

TIA

Mike