Re: [SLE] Nvidia & stripes (virtual frame buffer?)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 02:02:30 +1000
Dan Svarreby wrote:
I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and from what I can tell there's nothing wrong with my 3D settings (it is enabled and working).

This has happend in many different distros and I don't know what's causing it. When I shut down my OS there's stripes of different colors over the whole screen. I think it appears when the OS is closing/shutting down the X-enviroment.

If any of you'd have a tip or knows how to fix this, please let me know :)

You have a NVidia MX400 or MX440 card and you are trying to use the 5336 driver on an Athlon XP system, right?

If you press CTRL-ALT-F1 to F6 you will also get the same "screen of multi-colours", right?

Four ways of tackling this: (1) don't use CTRL-ALT-F1 to F6; (2) ignore the multi-stripped-coloured screen on shutdown; (3) go back to the nv driver setting in XF86config file (alter "nvidia" back to "nv"); or (4) get the FX5200 (or higher) video card.

If none of the conditions in my para. 1 apply then we go back to the drawing board :-).

Cheers.