Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 and Nvidia from YAST = Nothing
  • From: Matthew Johnson <startux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 16:48:22 -0700
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 14:30, Dan Svarreby wrote:
> The first thing I did after I've installed SuSE was to update thru YAST.
> As mentioned in the SuSE Nvidia FAQ, I included the Nvidia drivers, and
> installed them via YAST.
>
> After the re-boot there's the all-to-familiar black screen. I edited the
> XF86Config and changed nvidia to nv.
>
> Have anyone succeeded in installing the Nvidia drivers?

So, after the black screen you went back to the nv version to get a
desktop?

What motherboard do you have? lspci output would be helpful (need to be
root), as well as output from Xfree86.0.log (in /var/logs/), although
you may want to hit Nvidia and your motherboard manufacturer with a very
old Herring.

>From lspci, looking for an output similar to these:

Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 735 Host (rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS 530 Virtual
PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP)

VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV15 [GeForce2 GTS/Pro]
(rev a4)

Matt