Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Feedback - Anyone ?
> BTW, what's that --withmsql directive?

Compiling PHP with mysql
When building PHP from source, it is recommended to point ./compile to your
local mysql headers instead of using the built-in mysql support.

If the header files are under /usr/local/include/mysql and the library files
under /usr/local/lib/mysql then you should use --with-mysql=/usr/local
(Source: PHPBuilder.com - The Resource For PHP Developers)

Requirements
In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with MySQL
support.

Installation
By using the --with-mysql[=DIR] configuration option you enable PHP to
access MySQL databases

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC