Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Feedback - Anyone ?
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 11:44:56 +0200
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 02:29:42AM -0700, yoo hoo wrote:
> --- "Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) L1"
> <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anyone have received and installed SuSE 9.1?
> > Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
> Well overall I have noticed it to be a bit faster than
> my 9.0 system.

Same here, though I upgraded from 8.2. Aside from problems
with my DVD drive (I think that due to my RAID controller, and
using 4 IDE ports, it lost connection to the drive in the middle
of the installation procedure (at the point where it configures
all the hardware controllers), so I had to install using the CDs
in my CD burner), the installation went smoothly.

Everything was immediately detected, even my 5.1 speakers. I did
have to set the AC97 volume to 0 on my SB Live 5.1 to get rid of
a loud beep on my speakers, but that was about it for the
problems I encountered. I've got most my system up and running
again already, with about 2 hours of work (I keep a separated
/home partition), and now that I installed mplayer from packman
I can happily watch all those video's on my computer again. :)

All X problems I had under 8.2 (xmame slow when using graphic
enhancing algorithms, mplayer not properly starting full-screen)
are gone, so basically I'm a happy camper.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff

< Previous Next >