Re: [SLE] Nobody is home in Samba [Solved]
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 22:35:39 -1000
On Thursday 06 May 2004 03:27 am, Louis Richards wrote:
<SNIP>
I did as you suggested and also I added myself as a user using smbpasswd and
it worked. Thank you Louis! I checked man chmod but couldn't find out what
the modes you suggested I use mean. What are the create mask and directory
mask functions? What are modes 0660 and 0750? And from one of your later
emails (Samba Share - Access Denied) what does "chmod g+s /some directory do?
Thanks again,
Jerome

> You have changed this to make the home directory browsable. When a
> client first browses a server, it is done as nobody. You have not logged
> on to the server yet. The server has no way to tell who you are. You
> also are allowing guest access. Try the following:
>
> [homes]
> comment = Home Directories
> valid users = %S
> writable = Yes