Re: [SLE] 9.1 unuseably slow
  • From: Peter B Van Campen <peterb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:00:03 -0500
On Thursday 06 May 2004 09:29 am, Damon Register wrote:
> Peter B Van Campen wrote:
> > Hi Dude,
> >
> > Please set the right date before sending email! :0)
>
> Although there is a bit of a breakdown in manners today, here in
> the south (southeast USA) some still attempt to teach manners to
> their children. One rule is "if you can't say anything good,
> don't say anything at all". If you had written that along with
> some useful answer to his question, I doubt anyone would object
> but you didn't offer any help.
>
> Your own words are coming back to bite you. In
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Dec/3328.html
> you wrote
>
> Those who can >do
> Those who can't >criticize
> So I say: "Either Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"
>
> Damon Register
Hello Damon,

I do not yet have 9.1, so I have little to offer one who is having 9.1
problems; but I did offer assistance in pointing out that this person was
unknowingly dating his emails so far in the past that most readers email pgms
would put his inquirys at the bottom (or top) of their inboxes, and therefore
easily missed. I was offering advice that would lead this person into
visability by the most listees. I started my comment with "Please" and I
ended it with a 'smiley' :0). This is acceptably polite here in Illinois, and
New York state where I was raised, and fully complies to the politness
employed by my 'tidewater' Virginia family members.

PeterB

p.s. Thanks for pointing out my Dec. '03 thoughts and rebuttals to new and
old members of the list!! :0)

Proud to use SuSE Linux, since 5.2
Loving using SuSE Linux 8.2

MyBlog http://vancampen.org/blog/