Samba Share - Access Denied
  • From: Dan Weisenstein <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:51:42 -0700
I have set up a new samba share on my machine. Using YaST, I setup /home/share
as a shared directory. From a Windows machine, I can get to the directory and
see the contents. However, if I try to write to the share, I get Access Denied. I
own the directory and it's set to 777. I can get to and write to my home dir,
/home/dan, with no problems. This is the relevant part of smb.conf:

[shared]
comment = shared
path = /home/share
browseable = no
guest ok = no
printable = no

These settings match the matching parts of the home directory settings. What am
I missing? I've tried to add

valid users = %S
create mask = 0640
directory mask = 0750

like the home directory settings have, but it makes no difference. I used smbpasswd
to set a password, but get no challenge on the Windows machine. Any help appreciated.

Dan

< Previous Next >