Re: [SLE] loosing profiles in Mozilla
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:35:49 -0400
In English, there are two words, "losing" and "loosing".
Many Americans and British misappropriate these words.
I would certainly not blame anyone whose native language
and schooling is not in the English language.

However: this lesson.

"Loosing" means to set loose, or in other words, to set free.
Loosing the dogs of war, for instance.

"Losing", which is the word you wanted, means to no longer
have access to, or to have dropped along the way.

They are pronounced almost the same, except a hard "s" in
loosing, and a "z" sound in losing.

Please don't flame me for this; I think it is a lesson
everyone who does not know should learn.