Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 & Canada
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 05 May 2004 16:42:16 -0400
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 05:58, Liam Marshall wrote:
> Anyone in the list from Canada? There are only two places in Winnipeg
> that stock Suse at all. One is the university bookstore, and one is
> Copperfield books. Both say their supplier hasn't got 9.1 yet, be patient

Best Buy carries it, also there's a place in Toronto that you can get
your hardware pusher to order from. Mine won't, the're too wacked out
to deal with in terms of software, and they're the only actual Canadian
importers from what I can tell. :(

> I have been patient. I have convinced the administration at my school to
> let me switch completely over to Suse, workstations and all. Now I have
> to wait?

<blink> <blink> How on earth did you manage that feat?

> Damn, I am impatient. I want to see if it, 9.1, is really better than the
> 9.0 copy I have been using to test/decide with

> Does anyone from Canada have their copy yet?

I'm goig to e-mail someone from Novel this weekend about geting the
Update available in Canada, and not buying it form the U.S. and paying
duties and then taxes on it.

Mike -- being patient, but with the money in hand