Re: [SLE] Epson 1260 Scanner + 9.0
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:26:04 +0200
I have exactly the same setup (but kernel 2.4.21-202-default) and the same
config files, but for reasons that escape me in the epson.conf file the line

scsi EPSON

is uncommented whereas both usb lines are commented out:

#usb /dev/usbscanner0
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0

*even* though this is an EPSON scanner on a USB port. The good news is that it
works. :-) I use it with xsane version 0.91.
Btw the 9.0 installer set it up that way. I wonder why your epson.conf is
different.

Best regards, Jos.
Op woensdag 5 mei 2004 01:28, schreef Chris Herrnberger:
> Greets:
>
> First time that I have had issues with this scanner. Kernel version is
> Athlon 2.4.21-144 i586 so there should be no issues.
>
> 1. Yast identifies it correctly, /dev/usbscanner and assigns the plustek
> driver corrrectly
> 2. /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf reads as follows;
(snip plustek.conf)
> 3. sane version 1.0.12 according to info from sane
> 4. epson.so has been set as follows;
Surely you mean epson.conf?

--
Jos van Kan