Re: [SLE] Good Mail Reader that can be launched from xterm???
  • From: "John N. Alegre" <listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 02:25:36 -0500 (CDT)
Amish,

On 05-May-04 Amish Munshi wrote:

> A simple shell script should be able to do your job, mutt is the my
> favourite for reading mails, the skeleton of the script is as
> follows.
>
> su user1 -c "mutt"
> su user1 -c "mutt"

mutt is not at all what I have in mind!

I know you can su to a different user and use a text based mail reader like
mutt or pine from within the xterm. I am looking for a full GUI mail reader
that can be launched from the command line of xterm. Something that has the
look and functionality of Netscape mail. I know there is Kmial but how can
that be launched as a su'ed user?

To be more clear, if I have users root, joe, frank and bill. I log in as bill,
su to root. Now su to joe and frank does not require a password. So I want to
su to joe or frank and launch the equivalent of Netscape Mail / Kmail or
whatever on bills desktop but as joe or frank.

I used to do this with XFmail in Red Hat 6.0 but I am looking for even more GUI
functionality that even XFmail.

All comments welcome
John N. Alegre o
Andante Systems o