Epson 1260 Scanner + 9.0
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:28:02 -0400
Greets:

First time that I have had issues with this scanner. Kernel version is Athlon
2.4.21-144 i586 so there should be no issues.

1. Yast identifies it correctly, /dev/usbscanner and assigns the plustek
driver corrrectly
2. /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf reads as follows;
-------------------------------defaults--------------------------
# The USB section:
# each device needs at least two lines:
# - [usb] vendor-ID and product-ID
# - device devicename
# i.e. for Plustek (0x07B3) UT12/16/24 (0x0017)
# [usb] 0x07B3 0x0017
# device /dev/usbscanner
#
# additionally you can specify some options
# warmup, lOffOnEnd, lampOff
#
# For autodetection use
# [usb]
# device /dev/usbscanner
#
# NOTE: autodetection is safe, as it uses the info it got
# from the USB subsystem. If you're not using the
# autodetection, you MUST have attached that device
# at your USB-port, that you have specified...
#

[usb]

#
# options for the previous USB entry
#
# switch lamp off after xxx secs, 0 disables the feature
option lampOff 0

# warmup period in seconds, 0 means no warmup
option warmup 30

# 0 means leave lamp-status untouched, not 0 means switch off
# on sane_close
option lOffOnEnd 0

#
# options to tweak the image start-position
# (WARNING: there's no internal range check!!!)
#
# for the normal scan area
#
option posOffX 0
option posOffY 0

# for transparencies
option tpaOffX 0
option tpaOffY 0

# for negatives
option negOffX 0
option negOffY 0

#
# for adjusting the default gamma values
#
option redGamma 1.0
option greenGamma 1.0
option blueGamma 1.0
option grayGamma 1.0

#
# and of course the device-name
#
device /dev/usbscanner
3. sane version 1.0.12 according to info from sane
4. epson.so has been set as follows;

# epson.conf
#
# here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend
#
# SCSI scanner:
#scsi EPSON
#
# Parallel port scanner:
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC
#
# USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could
# otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being
# recognized.
# Depending on your distribution, you may need either the
# first or the second entry.
usb /dev/usbscanner ##revised from /dev/usbscanner0
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0

These options bring up xsane perfectly however whenever I do a preview or scan
the error diagnostic is I/O error. Hence me thinks this config (which has
worked well up till now) is not correct.

Anyone have any suggestions.

regards and many thanks

/ch