Re: [SLE] Mail account browsing
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 01:05:05 +0200

On 2004-05-04 23:11, Mark Knudson wrote:

Do you know a program that can browse a POP3 mail account, and delete some of the emails without downloading them?

I've used 'kshowmail' for this.

Aha! Yes, that ones does what I needed, good, thanks.

To respond to the rest of the people that have given answers so far:

* Mutt - does it make coffe? I wonder what that program doesn't do :-P
* Telnet - yes, I have used that time ago, but I'm getting lazy O:-)
* Web mail - yes, that is what I used lately; I think that 'kshowmail' is faster.

To go farther:

Do you know of a program that check patterns on email on the POP3 account, without downloading them in full?

I explain. I would like to check emails larger than 20 KB, see if they contain a windows executable file looking at the mime headers (they are near the start of the email), and finally, delete them without downloading them.

Ideally, this should run from a script, so that 'fetchmail' can be called right after it.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson