Re: [SLE] drive imaging software
  • From: Damian O'Hara <damian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 20:28:38 +0100
Ideally I'd like something similar to what I have for my Windows machine, namely Acronis TrueImage or Powerquest's DiskImage. Both those packages can take a disk image of a running system without user interuption. ie. no need to run off of a bootable CD or in DOS mode or anything. Has anyone found something similar for linux?

So far I've found Partimage (www.partimage.org). Any others you can suggest?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

AFAIR, PQDI won't do ext3 or reiserfs (unless versions later than 5 do) so with windoze tools you're left with Ghost. Boot to Bart's network boot disk and kick off ghost I suppose.
There are a coupe of linux tools for dumping to CD but (as ever) YMMV.

Damian