Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Feedback - Anyone ?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:01:50 +0200
On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12.58, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) L1 wrote:
> Anyone have received and installed SuSE 9.1?
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The best version I've run so far. It tops both 7.3 and 8.2, my previous
favourites. At this point I cannot find fault with it at all, in regular
desktop usage, even my long standing X problems have gone away.

Some cool new features in yast, including the point'n'click ability to set up
a local YOU mirror, UML installation, installation into a subdirectory. It
uses kernel 2.6 and NPTL, and selinux is included, although I haven't had a
chance to look at it in any detail.

For server use, it's still too early for final judgement, but so far things
look fine

< Previous Next >