Re: [SLE] Migration from RedHat to Suse????
  • From: "David Rankin" <drankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 23:37:06 -0500
> Any other recommendation is most welcome. Highlight any license /
copyright
> issue in switching from RedHat to Suse 8.2

Switched from Mandrake to SuSE - I love it! Corporate games at mdk crippled
the distro. On the transition from RH to SuSE -- small learning curve, but
WELL worth the effort. SuSE 8.2 and 9.0 are quality products. Haven't tried
9.1 yet. The only differences between RH/mdk and SuSE distros is the old
"where in the hell did they hide the xyz file this time" and "why have the
config parameters been moved from file x to file y" Nothing more than the
price of progress. Frustrating, but well worth the move......... Good luck..

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin * Bertin, PLLC
> I have few server / services like DNS, Radius, Mail, Firewall etc.
currently