Re: [SLE] wvdial --> NO ANSWER
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 01:36:18 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2004-04-30 at 16:40 +0200, Luca Mollica wrote:

> winconfig, I have tried to connect to my ISP, but I had bad response, that
> was
>
> NO ANSWER
>
> I had the accuracy to use X3 parameter, that could be right for skipping
> dialtone waiting (in Italy there is no long and continous dialtone before
> dialing the number).

I'm not sure if that is the purpose of X3. "ATX3" command just configures
some response strings of the modem - but I could be wrong.

You have to set register 6 (on my US robotic modem, check your manual) to
0 (cero):

S-Registers

To change a setting, use the ATSr=n command, where r is the
register and n is a decimal value from 0 - 255 (unless otherwise
indicated).

Register Default Function
--------------------------
S6 2 Sets the number of seconds the modem waits
before dialling. If Xn is set to X2 or X4,
this is the time-out length if there isn't a dial tone.

However...

> --> Idle Seconds = 30, disabling automatic reconnect.
> --> Sending: ATDT7020001099
> --> Waiting for carrier.
> ATDT7020001099
> NO ANSWER

Your modem does dial, but there is no answer from the destination number,
check that number.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson