Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:23:53 -0700
* Fred A. Miller (fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [040503 16:18]:
>On Monday 03 May 2004 5:05 pm, James Knott wrote:
>> I guess you missed those articles about how Linux is used to make many
>> movies. As I recall, some of the scence in Titanic were generated with
>> Linux. There are other movies as well, including one animated feature,
>> that was created entirely with Linux.
>>
>> Do a Google search on "Linux video editing".
>
>That is not the graphics software he was refering to, nor was I. The point is,
>that without PhotoShop, Linux is "ham-strung" in the Pro. photography
>industry......period.

Well, CXOffice solves this. I'm on most of the Codeweavers mailing lists
and people say PS works just fine. And if people were so damn in need of
Photoshop and willing to pay for it then they better be emailing the CEO
of Adobe with their CC numbers ready to purchase it because he's STILL
under the impression that Linux users WILL NOT pay for software so until
he thinks otherwise ..this isn't a Linux issue. It's a PHB asshole
problem. ;)

--
"There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."