Re: [SLE] Uploading Photos
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 15:27:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>Dear All,

>I was wondering if there is a way to upload one's digital camera photos
>to a webpage forum that one belongs to without having a webpage of your
>own. Is there a way such as in Konqueror to do this or is there a linux
>app to do this with? I have Suse 8.2 and a Sony digital camera that
>works well with Suse 8.2.

>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure on what you want but Sony's own picture site Imagestation will allow you to upload photos and organize them into albums. You can invite others to look at thte album or put it up for public display. The URL is http://www.imagestation.com

The only thing that does not work is their browser based tools for photo manipulation. They will not work in Mozilla :(

There is shutterfly ( http://www.shutterfly.com ) as well. See if any of these will do what you want. You can also order prints from these sites if you need that ability.

>Thanks,

HTH

Marshall