Re: [SLE] Still cant connect to my ISP
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:33:34 -0700
Damon Register wrote:

Basil Chupin wrote:

It is physically not possible to connect on a dial-up connection above 57600 baud - nor can data flow faster than the theoretical 57600 baud simply because this is the upper limit of the beast.

Maybe my memory isn't so great but I thought that's what they said about
previous hurdles (9600).

Damon Register

I believe that for US phones, 9600 is about at the baud limit. However, and not to be to pedantic, baud is not the correct term. Modems operate at a certain BPS (bits/sec.), which is not the same as baud. This is due to compression that allows a higher bitrate than baud rate.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

< Previous Next >