Re: [SLE] Problem with ReiserFS
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:57:47 +0200
On Monday 03 May 2004 09.44, Volker Krueger wrote:
> Dear all
>

> deutsche uebersetzung unten...

Please don't cross post. If you want to send to two lists, send two mail

> recently, my kernel crashed. After booting up, I was not able to access my
> filesystem anymore:
>
> /bin/ls: reading directory .:Input/output error

Ouch, that looks suspiciously like a dead hard drive. I don't think that error
would arise from a mere corrupted file system.

If you're lucky, you may be able to find some diagnostic tool like SeaTools
from Seagate, hutils from Samsung or some other, depending on the make of
your drive, that can fix it.