Re: [SLE] Printing problem
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 19:49:27 -1000
On Friday 30 April 2004 10:56 pm, Greg Wallace wrote:
> I have no specific knowledge of in this area, but there's always two sides.
> If, as you say, USB is always busy, maybe it's the process looking to do
> the connect. I. e., maybe some processes needing USB wait a while when
> it's before they give up and maybe some are more impatient? Just a wild
> random thought (hopefully you'll get better answers from someone else), but
> I have seen this type of behavior elsewhere. For example, I have a large
> file that I transfer to a networked storage device. It's a unix device
> running SAMBA, so I have several methods I can use to get to this device --
> mount it, use ftp (it has an ftp server), use SMBCLIENT, etc. If I try the
> easiest way (mount it and use Linux CP), CP eventually aborts because the
> networked device isn't able to keep up with CP and CP gets impatient (so to
> speak). If I use FTP, meaning that this external drive is pulling the data
> and controlling the flow, I have no problems. This is an example of how it
> depends on the particular process as to how it handles different types of
> wait state events, etc.
>
> Greg Wallace

Hello Greg,
There is a ps to my original email:
I should have sent the printer's IPP report. It has a
printer-state-message that says: USB port busy; will retry in 30 seconds...
I think this is the source of the problem.

I have been using: sbin/rchotplug restart. This works until the port becomes
busy again. But it doesn't tell me what exactly is going on which I would
like to know.
Jerome

< Previous Next >