Has anyone come across or are using "Manhattan Virtual Classroom"?
  • From: scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 17:06:01 +1000
The Manhattan Virtual Classroom 2.3
by Steven Narmontas (http://freshmeat.net/users/snarmont/)
Friday, April 23rd 2004 08:38

Communications :: Chat
Communications :: Conferencing
Communications :: Email

About: Manhattan is a Web-based course management system. It includes its
own private email system, a variety of discussion groups, assignments,
surveys, and grades modules, live chat, facilities for delivering
multimedia, and more. Designed for asynchronous Web-based distance
learning, Manhattan can also be used to add an online dimension to
traditional courses. Manhattan is fully documented.

Changes: This release adds support for Hot Potatoes 6 quizzes in the
Assignments module and makes other improvements to the online testing
feature. Survey result bar graphs now include additional information about
the survey, making a printout of the page more useful.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

/end

as asked, is anyone using this package yet on SuSE? What are your comments.

As I am about to relocate to a little town (28 Families, 1 General Store and one PUB) this may just suit my teaching needs. Saves the hastles of a big system for a small task or reinventing the wheel.

thanks in advance for any responses.

scsijon