Re: [SLE] WP8 for Linux
  • From: David Herman <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 18:47:51 -0700

On Sunday 02 May 2004 02:07 am, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> dcjohan wrote:
> > Got my copy today and it installed without a glitch; works very
> > well. Haven't found any function that doesn't work correctly yet.
>
> AFAIK, the 'new' WP8, updated to run on current distributions, is
> only for sale in North America at the moment.
> So how did you obtain it?

I've got WP8 from an old (Mandrake 7.2) dist running just fine on SuSE
9.0. I'm not running kernel2.6 or multiple processors, just an athlon.
As far as I know this (download) version is still available from some of
the cheepbyte kind of distributors for about $3 us.

I was also able to install an old download version of photopaint w/out
receiving any errors but never was able to get it to fire up. Wine
initializes, then the error...
err:win32:CRITSECTION_WaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x404be9d4
(Unknown) wait failed
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0
addr 0x402cc418

just thought I'd mention it.

see ya
- --