Re: [SLE] SuSE indoctrination too early?
  • From: Jon Clausen <dsl23212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 10:55:47 +0200
On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 07:11:34PM -0400, Don Parris wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:

> >>Then along came Jesus and started a whole new distribution.
> >
> > More of a fork wouldn't you say? And then not by intention on his
> >part, as he was in computer terms, clarigying the documentation, was he
> >not?
> >
> > Mike
> >
> Thanks for recognizing that. One guy cracked a humorous joke. I merely
> chimed in with my $0.02 worth, and got called off-topic. After
> defending my position, the whole topic went dead. Very revealing, if
> not helpful.

Revealing?

> I think the discussion of teaching children about Linux is very
> important.

Indeed, as do I. It just so happens that *I* think the whole thread is a
perfect candidate for [OT], being non-technical in it's nature (apart from
the "very young children and passwords" -bit)...

[OT] was created more or less as a direct result of Fred getting napalmed for
posting links to articles, which usually had some sort of relevance to the linux
community. It's the place for non-tech stuff.

> I truly hope the others have just taken a day off, and not allowed someone's
> misjudgment to ruin the discussion.

s/misjudgment/opinion/

> If I was out of line - which I do not believe - someone point out how so. I'm
> fairly well versed in netiquette, and taught that as part of Internet classes
> back in the mid 90's.

Fine. I'll just STFU now.

/Jon
--