Wireless access
  • From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 16:43:56 -0500

SuSE 9.0

I have a Linksys WPC11 in my laptop which I had given up on getting to work. I
just finished installing SuSE 9.0 on the machine, and somehow it is working
now ... almost.

I can see my router, and I can see the other machines on my local network. I
have no problem mounting NFS directories on the network. What I can't do is
see the internet. Logic tells me that it should be a lot easier to get this
working than it was to get the wireless card working. The problem is that I
don't have a clue as to where to start. I've looked at everything I could
think of. I even added my IPs name server IP addresses manually.

Note: if I ping something inside my network, it works. If I try to ping
something outside my network - even by IP address - I get a message telling
me the network in unreachable.

Can anyone offer any help?
- ---Michael