Re: [SLE] Missing services after upgrade of KDE?
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:21:14 +0100
Op zaterdag 20 maart 2004 15:06, schreef S.R.Glasoe:
> >   kdebase3-SuSE: Depends: kdebase3 but it is not going to be installed
> >                  Depends: kwin.so
> > E: Broken packages
> >          /Rikard
>
> # rpm -Uvh kdebase3-SuSE_9.0-80_i586.rpm
>
> Is the only way to go. I put that file in an easily remembered and
> accessible location. Once I've either apt-got everything I want or YOU'd
> the latest or added software via YaST, I then run that line. Don't for get
> to also run SuSEconfig and ldconfig after this.

Does not work either. After the rpm line above your pkg dependencies are
incorrect and apt will complain about that each time you use it. It won't
continue untill you resolve that.

See if the information on the link below helps:
http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/faq.html#q32

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless