Re: [SLE] Grub can't find its menu
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:36:08 +0000
Lars Ilshammar wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum, bit might just have an intersting problem to
contribute.
After running Fdisk (whatever I should do that for?) Grub no longer finds
its menu.lst file.
I am runnig SuSE 9.0 on a disk with WinXP on the first partition.
Linux should therefore be on (hd0,2), but Grub now says it on (hd0,3), which
is impossible since there is no forth partition...
When I start the menu manually and change the Linux boot sequence to
(hd0,3), the kernel loads but then halts with a kernel panic message.
Something seems to be very wrong, or is it just a simple editing problem?
Anyway I am thankful for all help & hints.

Lars Ilshammar
Örebro University
Sweden

/etc/grub.conf is where you can alter it.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >