RE: [SLE] Vi
  • From: Lovette Burland <Lovette.Burland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:10:11 -0000
Mads

$ ls -la /root/.viminfo
$ ls: /root/.viminfo: Permission denied

and that's in root
Thanx

-----Original Message-----
From: Mads Martin Joergensen [mailto:mmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 March 2004 15:02
To: 'suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [SLE] Vi

* Lovette Burland <Lovette.Burland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Mar 19. 2004 15:15]:
> When ever I tried to save a file in vi or vim I get this error message.
> "E138: Can't write viminfo file /root/.viminfo!" Hit ENTER or type command
> to continue. This only comes when in root

Can you try and do:

$ ls -la /root/.viminfo

And show us the output.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by
MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information
http://www.vivista.co.uk

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information http://www.vivista.co.uk

< Previous Next >