Re: [SLE] Missing services after upgrade of KDE?
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikjoh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:14:39 +0100

On Thursday 18 March 2004 23:05, Mike Coan wrote:
> Rikard,
>
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 16:35, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I updated my system last night. (9.0)
> > But as i relogged on my user account the YOU and hardwarechecker icons
> > are gone.
> > So is the icons for my cdrom/cd-writer ...
> > I cant seem to recall what services to run to get them back.
> > Please help...
>
> I believe the YOU and hardwarechecker icons are part of the kdebase3-SUSE
> which you probably removed because of conflicts. From what I have read
> here you can safely ignore the conflicts and force the reinstall of
> kdebase3-SuSE.
>
> The cdrom/cd-writer icon is easy to restore. Right-click on the desktop
> and choose "Configure Desktop" Go to the Tab that says "device icons" and
> check the box that says "Show device icons". Should be all set.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael A. Coan
> Woodlawn Foundation
> 524 North Avenue, Suite 203
> New Rochelle, NY 10801-3410
> Tel 914-632-3778
> Fax 914-632-5502

How do i do that??
What are the names of those apps/services. Where can i find them?

According to apt:

# apt-get install -s kdebase3
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
kdebase3 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 1 not upgraded.

- --

/Rikard

Rikard Johnels email : rikjoh@xxxxxxxxx
Web : http://www.rikjoh.com
Mob : +46 (0)735 05 51 01

< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78 46 1C EE 56 >