xftcache program seems to be missing?
  • From: "l. Athena W." <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:46:03 -0800
I wanted to generate a xft cache for truetype /TTF fonts, but can't seem to find xftcache -- I can find
the man pager for it in :
suse90-d1/suse/noarch/xmanja-0.7-205.noarch.rpm: /usr/X11R6/man/ja/man1/xftcache.1x.gz
but the binary seem to be hiding from me....I thought I dumped the file lists of all the packages for easy
greping through to find missing files,,,but grep -i xftcache suse90_allfiles.txt comes up only with
a reference to the man page.

Is this a updated rpm? (I I haven't regened the file list since I manually downloaded all the updates -- Had
to manually download them since YOU just hangs on my machine....and it gives me even less debugging
help than windows update (at least it maintains log file to tell you why it hangs), but YOU doesn't seem
to have gotten to that level yet...:-(

but am hoping the xftcache problem is simpler....since the YOU problem seems to be pretty baffling.

Thanks much (please),
-linda