Re: [SLE] Missing services after upgrade of KDE?
  • From: Mike Coan <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:05:23 -0500
Rikard,

On Thursday 18 March 2004 16:35, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> Hi!
> I updated my system last night. (9.0)
> But as i relogged on my user account the YOU and hardwarechecker icons are
> gone.
> So is the icons for my cdrom/cd-writer ...
> I cant seem to recall what services to run to get them back.
> Please help...

I believe the YOU and hardwarechecker icons are part of the kdebase3-SUSE
which you probably removed because of conflicts. From what I have read here
you can safely ignore the conflicts and force the reinstall of kdebase3-SuSE.

The cdrom/cd-writer icon is easy to restore. Right-click on the desktop and
choose "Configure Desktop" Go to the Tab that says "device icons" and check
the box that says "Show device icons". Should be all set.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation