Re: [SLE] Fw: Corel's new WordPerfect 8 for Linux !
  • From: Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems.suselist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:47:51 +0100
David Herman wrote:
> The Corel program I really miss since upgrading beyond SuSE 8.1 is
> Corel Photopaint. My wife and daughter were quite fond of it. After
> installing SuSE9.0 I loaded it up using the same instructions I
> followed w/ SuSE 8.1 but Photopaint never gets past initializing
> (corel's version of) wine.

Because of changes in glibc 2.3.2, Wine had to be largely rewritten.
Corel's version of Wine, however, is an abandoned project.

Maybe you could install SuSE 8.1 alongside 9.0.
While installing 8.1, do not put Grub or Lilo in the MBR then, so you
keep using 9.0's Grub, in which you add an entry for 8.1.

Looks like the best place for questions about Photopaint for Linux would
be the newsgroup.
News server: cnews.corel.com
Look for: corel.graphic_apps.photo-paint-linux

SH

< Previous Next >